NYGC-Dr Coco’s Blueberry Grow  

Page 5 / 6 Prev Next

Longster
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan
My New Year's Grow Challenge

NYGC-Rainbow driver/187/Mandarin Z

Rainbow Driver/187/Mandarin Zkittles

I got the APT in mine and my closet is super tight now.  I probably should have went with only 3 stakes vs 4 stakes in the dirt . But we will see 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/02/2019 1:41 pm Juiceman, Chefomj, Dr Coco and 1 people liked
Juiceman
Reputable Member
Proven Grower
My Signature Grow

Grow-My 4

Canuk cookies super lemon haze ww cbd

That ATP trainer looks very versatile. I’m really looking forward to following you use of it throughout the stretch.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/02/2019 12:23 pm Dr Coco liked
Dr Coco
  Dr Coco
Moderator Admin
Expert Grower
Completed Grow
My Spring Auto Flower Challenge

Flip day 2

Well, by now it is flip day 3, but when I took the pics they were just about to go into their third 12 hour dark period.

They are doing well! I am really happy with everything about these two plants right now. They are both growing well on their 8 colas and I think it is going to be fun to let them spread out with the Atlas Plant Trainer. I am usually pretty jammed in the tent already by now and it is nice to have enough space. It will be interesting in the end to see if I can match my normal yield with 1/3 the normal number of plants, but that is pretty much my plan... Go APT!

So, it has been 10 days since I moved everything around and installed the camera on the top bar of my tent with my Small rig clamp. At first it is always boring when you set up for a long time-lapse, because the plants need to be far away. But after 10 days I finally ran the frames through and it is starting to look pretty cool. I will be happy if I can keep my head from bumping the camera for the rest of the grow!

I have been very happy with the Hydro Halos and I am testing the limits with them. I am pushing it without hand-watering to really test their distribution advantage. LMAO, it isn't because I am lazy, I am testing science over here! ... well... maybe both? The plants do not mind at all. They are very happy plants and I am quite sure that if I was not handwatering with the drippers then they would have tip burn by now. So hydro halos are quickly becoming my prefered choice! Especially now that we found a timer that can do one second increments. Auto-water just keeps getting better! I plan to work on updating the Drip system tutorial, but if anyone has any questions at all about auto watering do not hesitate to ask!

Flip day2

Transition Blend: EC in 1100

Kush EC out: 1193

Blue EC out: 1321

I am pretty sure that Blue is going to stretch like a crazy plant!

Blue Flip 2

Kush is about to pop pistils... maybe she already has!  😉 

Kush flip 2

Grower Love

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/02/2019 4:32 pm DREVS, Kushman, Rosettastoned and 4 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Mike34
  Mike34
Eminent Member
Cannabis Fan

Hi peeps! I’m new here, somehow I stumbled upon your site right after I had sprouted a few plants that I had started almost to the day that your challenge started. Because of that I went ahead and flipped on the 14th mainly so I can use the rest of you as a guide because I’m truly ignorant about this. A few years ago I had a handful of bag seeds I had saved so one spring I went out back and tossed them all around... 3 weeks later there were little weed plants growing all over the place. It was not legal then so I chickened out and pulled them all up lol. So this is officially my first crop. I’m not really joining you here because I pretty much broke all the rules but I’d still like to follow if you don’t mind.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/02/2019 5:23 am
+ Show 2 comments
Dr Coco
  Dr Coco
Moderator Admin
Expert Grower
Completed Grow

Flip Day 7

I am not counting pistils days yet, but I need to pay closer attention to that. Life has been hectic the last few days. Well, longer than that I suppose, but the last few days have kind of inundated me. I have been focused on getting the SAFC page and deal put together and today had to remember that I start teaching a new class at a new college on Friday! It is just a single class that meets for 3 hours on Fridays. I actually agreed to do it so that I could convince my wife to increase the CfC budget 😉 But now I have to actually show up on Friday at a new college and be, you know, ready to teach a three hour class. Argh.

I still haven't prepared the class, but I did get the syllabus done today... I teach my normal classes tomorrow so I probably should have prepared the class today too, but somehow I will do that tomorrow either before or after my commute out to teach.

Sorry for all of that... I'll update about my plants too!

Flip 7 b
Flip 7 a

They are doing really well. No issues with EC and no symptoms to be concerned with. This is remarkable only because I have not hand-watered in about 2 weeks! I am really loving the halos!

I am also a huge fan of the Atlas Plant Trainer! I adjusted it on Blue after taking the pics. It is at least as cool as I thought it would be. I have a plan worked out now and I think I have enough APT parts to complete it! I just have one "large Plant Set" but I think it is going to train two large plants!

Both plants are picking up the pace on growth. I am raising the lights now an inch per day, but I actually forgot tonight when I was in there. I did do some training though so I think they'll be alright. I keep my lights at 18" but have had them as close as 15 without terrible consequences. I am certainly looking forward to the stretch, which I feel is just about starting. They get their last top-off with Transition Water tonight. I have to find time to clean the tank in the next couple days and move them onto Early Bloom.

Oh yeah, I finally brought myself to trim some of the lower leaves on Kush, including a couple of the giant leaves. I shot a better pic with scale objects 😉 They are really impressive leaves!

Kush Leaf

I hope everyone signs up for the SAFC

Grower Love

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 20/02/2019 10:38 pm NAKEDGARDENER, Kushman, Bud Black and 5 people liked
+ Show 3 comments
Dr Coco
  Dr Coco
Moderator Admin
Expert Grower
Completed Grow

Pistils Day 2! Time Lapse Update!

Last night I confirmed Pistils on Kush, so Yesterday is Pistils Day 1

I put them onto "early bloom" aka "stretch" nutes with a tank cleanout yesterday. Damn, my tank got pretty funky since the last cleanout. Plants are indifferent to it though and are happily growing along. I hand-watered for the first time in weeks last night, oddly EC was pretty low on the runoff. But then I saw the first signs of tip burn on Blue this morning... not burn yet, but lightening. I think I just pushed some salts from the surface down into the root zone, I won't think it is a major issue, and I am sort of tempted to not hand-water anymore. Hmmm

I updated the Time Lapse and brought it up to 9am this morning when the lights went off. This starts on Feb 6 so it is about 17 days of growth and the Flip was right in the middle. They are taking off pretty well now and the Atlas Plant Trainer is super handy and useful as you can see!

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 23/02/2019 4:59 pm Kushman, Longster, Jim and 3 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Dr Coco
  Dr Coco
Moderator Admin
Expert Grower
Completed Grow

Flip Day 12 Pistils Day 4

The girls continue to do great. I think they enjoy being the only two sisters and getting plenty of attention.

This is the point of the grow where you have to remember to raise your lights everyday. LMAO I write that because I was about to say how much they have been growing when it occurred to me that I had measured but not actually adjusted the lights! So I stopped writing, had to flip off the LEDs, and quickly raise them... 2 inches.

The Atlas Plant Trainer is helping the two girls to already pretty well fill the prime grow space in the tent. I have worked all the mains out toward the edges and have left a few strategic secondary branches to become secondary mains and fill up the middles. It seems like it is going to work... I really like the APT!

Pistil 4 overhead
Pistil 4 apt

In other exciting news, I got my new timer! It is almost exactly like the old timer in terms of programming – except that it also has a seconds button and can set 1 second intervals! I am so stoked on this, it is everything I always wanted in a drip system timer. This will really make it a lot easier to dial in fertigation doses, especially when the doses are small!

I reduced all five fertigation events to 50 seconds. I had been getting more run-off than needed, but I think I might step it up by a second or two now as run-off dropped off a lot. I am smiling, this much control is fun!

The stretch is just hitting its stride, and I am looking forward to adding the next level on to the APT maybe as soon as tomorrow!  😆 

Much Grower Love!

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/02/2019 10:51 pm Cocohawk, NAKEDGARDENER, Kushman and 4 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Dr Coco
  Dr Coco
Moderator Admin
Expert Grower
Completed Grow

Flip day 16, Pistil Day 8: TIME LAPSE UPDATE!

Two plants seems to be plenty! 🙂

TimeLapse: FEB 6 to Mar 1 = 24 days. (Starts 1 week before the flip)

I am really having fun training them out and broad with the APT! They are still chugging along and doing great. EC has not been an issue the whole grow and it remains well within range. I hand-watered tonight, but only because I am in the middle of cleaning out my tank (which was pretty funky btw). 

I trimmed a few leaves as part of my final lollipopping tonight. You can see them there. Ther are a few more leaves that may be plucked, but I am pretty much done with that. I am hoping I will be able to keep all the shoots too. I still have some room to work with, but it is filling up really fast!

Pistil 8

I love the Stretch!

Grower Love

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2019 9:54 pm Woop, Mangrow Goodbud, SmokesUp and 5 people liked
+ Show 4 comments
Juiceman
Reputable Member
Proven Grower
My Signature Grow

Grow-My 4

Canuk cookies super lemon haze ww cbd

Nicely done with the time lapse. That is awesome.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/03/2019 10:17 pm Kushman, Dr Coco and NAKEDGARDENER liked
+ Show 3 comments
NAKEDGARDENER
Reputable Member
Proven Grower

Ordering my APT for the SAFC you’ve def convinced me

🆖♈️🌳🖖https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJjcRDiuKdCG05PcjstNOJQ🖖🌳♈️🆖
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/03/2019 9:55 pm
+ Show 1 comments
Dr Coco
  Dr Coco
Moderator Admin
Expert Grower
Completed Grow

Flip Day 19 Pistils Day 11

Busy Busy Busy!

Both the plants and I!

They continue to do great! Blue is stretching like I thought she would and is now generally taller than Kush, but they are close... I am happy with the canopy!

Pistils 11 Over

I think Kush may be slowing on the stretch just a bit - and I will be very content if they both decide to put their efforts into flowering.

My big challenge (there has to be at least one!) is the damn humidity. I am not sure how @eltee3 and others around here are managing, but boy, the weather usually is not like this here. Outside RH has been consistently north of 60%. The tent has gotten up to the low 80%s  😲 it is currently sitting at 72% as I write this.

My RH is usually in the teens, so I am not really well set up for monsoonal weather patterns. I also keep a lot of leaves on my plants which is not helping the RH situation much. But there have been no problems so far. It has made me appreciate how good my climate normally is for growing.

I took a couple pictures of the girls undercarriages   🤫  They are both Mainlines, but Blue is a 3-1-3 Mainline and Kush is a 3-3-1 Mainline. It is interesting to see how that difference has produced different structures. Kush still has more dominance in her mains - meanwhile some of Blue's strongest colas are now seconds.

3-1-3: Top at the 3rd, then the 1st, then the 3rd.

313 Mainline

3-3-1: Top at the 3rd, then the 3rd, then the 1st

331 Mainline

I apologize if I have not gotten to your journal! I really have been busy this week - Please tag me if you need my attention! 

Much Grower Love to all!

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/03/2019 9:49 pm Woop, Kushman, Bud Black and 3 people liked
+ Show 2 comments
Dr Coco
  Dr Coco
Moderator Admin
Expert Grower
Completed Grow

Flip Day 23 TIME LAPSE UPDATE

I have been pretty bad with counting days... I am pretty sure today is actually Flip day 23 and that my last post is off by a couple days!

In any event the girls are doing well. They are wrapping up the stretch and it went very well with an assist to the Atlas Plant Trainer.

The Time Lapse starts on Feb 6 and runs through this morning just before Lights out.

I really love the flowers as they come to the end of the stretch! It is fun looking through the pictures that others are posting. This is the time that our girsl really become pretty and show us their potential.

Both of my girls look like they are going to be good producers. However, there is no question that Kush will beat Blue - well I suppose there is a question, but that is how its is looking and Kush has a somewhat larger footprint.

Kush also has somewhat more developed flowers!

Kush Flip 23
Blue Flip23

I am in the process of cleaning out my tank - which has been getting funky - quicker than normal. I think it is related to warmer temps - due to the crazy wet weather we have been having, which is forcing me to keep my office window closed. But it is getting funky in only 5 days now. I guess I could be more aggressive with chilling  🤔 .

They are going to Mid-Bloom following this clean-out.

We are busy working behind the scenes on new projects and there will be some new features coming soon. We loaded one new project just a few days ago. The Completed Grow Journals Forum. If you have a completed grow journal, please tag me in it and I will migrate it for you and you will get a badge!  🤩 

Hope the plants and all of growers are doing well!

Grower Love

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/03/2019 8:03 pm Woop, Longster, Kushman and 4 people liked
+ Show 6 comments
Longster
Trusted Member
Cannabis Fan
My New Year's Grow Challenge

NYGC-Rainbow driver/187/Mandarin Z

Rainbow Driver/187/Mandarin Zkittles

It filled out the room super nice . Love it. Looking great sir 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2019 1:45 pm Dr Coco liked
Dr Coco
  Dr Coco
Moderator Admin
Expert Grower
Completed Grow

Flip Day 26

Things are on cruise control!

Both plants are happy and are starting to really put on some flowers. Blue (on the right) is still stretching, but less than an inch for the first time in a while, so I think she is about done. They are on MidBloom Nutes, during which I slowly ramp up KoolBloom. There were the tiniest signs of tip burn on Blue the other day, so I am taking it slow and keeping EC at only 1000. Run-off on both plants is about 1250. Run-off quantity is slacking off though, so I may increase to 55 second events. – I think I will do that now actually!

Flip 26 profile
Flip 26 overhead

Grower Love

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 11/03/2019 11:23 pm Kushman, Mangrow Goodbud, Tickle and 3 people liked
Dr Coco
  Dr Coco
Moderator Admin
Expert Grower
Completed Grow

I lost track of days… we’re all doing this together – you guys know what day it is!

LMAO, I have it written down somewhere It has been a long week – well several weeks!

Flip Day 29

flip 29 4

So I have some things to report –

I am now using RAW Yucca! I still have SM90, but not much and I decided I’d rather hold onto it for emergencies. The yucca is interesting… I had previously seen 1/8tsp per 10 gallons, but mine actually says 1/16 to 1/8 tsp per 5 gallons. I mix 4 gallons at a time, so I am using a 1/8tsp to scoop and just filling it “most” of the way. It seems like a really small amount in a bucket of water. However, my res is now bubbling. Not a lot, like a run-away laundry machine in a bad sit-com – but it has a nice collection of bubbles floating around – originating in the airstone, but surviving due to yucca. I will , of course, let you know my other observations - so far I like it

Climate change is real! It happened here this week!! Went from a wet cool unfamiliar climate more like San Francisco than LA to normal parched LA conditions RH was in the low teens today!

Very minor tip burn is evident on both girls tonight. They are really healthy and otherwise happy, but I suspect that they were unprepared for the sudden drop in RH. The tent went from being consistently in the 60s to the low 40s today while I was gone – during lights off! It has been dry like that for a couple days now… EC is really under control, so the tip burn is not just an EC issue, but suddenly dropping RH is sort of like suddenly raising EC – well – it has a similar effect on the plant.

The other issue that could be related is that fact that I haven’t hand watered in as long as I can remember. Certainly not this month… I think I hand-watered since the flip… hmmm. Halos are pretty awesome, but maybe I am pushing their limits. I am sort of trying to push their limits, but I don’t want the tip burn to move beyond “very minor”

Some pics!

flip 29 3
flip 29 2
flip 29 1

Grower Love!

Let's Grow Together
ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/03/2019 11:54 pm bubble bubble, Kushman, Chefomj and 1 people liked
+ Show 5 comments
Page 5 / 6 Prev Next